Multiple choice

Multiple choice

Postby jhonatasdiogo » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:21 pm

Hello, everyone.

I would like to know if it is possible to have multiple choice flashcards in a standard flashcard deck. I bought this app today and I really like it, but I can't create multi-choice flashcards in a standard flashcard deck. it only works when I create a multi-choice deck. Even enabling the advanced layout and creating a layout and enabling multiple choice doesn't work.

Grettings from Brazil,
Jhonatas.
jhonatasdiogo

Re: Multiple choice

Postby Ernie » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:04 pm

Hi Jhonatas,

I'm really sorry for the slow response.

A "standard" flashcard deck can be displayed either as flippable flashcards, or as a multiple choice question. In Deck Options, there is "Multiple Choice" option which you can turn on. This affects how the study cards are displayed, but doesn't change the "type" of deck. When turning on multiple choice, it will generally affect *all* cards. More on this below.

I'm not sure what you mean when you said you created a multiple-choice type deck. In my mind, there's just one kind of deck. But, you can define specific wrong answers for each individual flashcard. These would be applied only if multiple choice is turned on in the options. If you don't specify specific wrong answers, then the app will take random answers from other cards to show as wrong options. Note that there is an option to use Category so that wrong options are only taken from cards using the same category.

I think what you want is to mix standard flashcards with multiple choice flashcards in a single deck. Is that correct? See the page below on how to do this. As I mention on that page, it's a little tricky at first, but hopefully it won't be a big deal once you get the hang of how it works. If you still have more questions, please let me know.

https://orangeorapple.com/Flashcards/AdvLayout.aspx

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback