Repeat missed for new vs due cards

Repeat missed for new vs due cards

Postby manjade » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:38 pm

Hi Ernie
I am using spaced repetition
Does the “repeat missed” setting apply to due cards or also to new cards?
Q. If I get my new cards wrong, do they automatically go to the next “new card” round?
Q. Is there a way of repeating new cards until I get them all right at least once?
Thanks
A
manjade

Re: Repeat missed for new vs due cards

Postby Ernie » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:29 am

Hi A,
Repeat missed only applies to active/due cards, not new cards.
New cards are always repeated next round.

"Is there a way of repeating new cards until I get them all right at least once?"
I don't understand this. New cards will stay new until you answer them correct a certain number of times. This is on a per-card basis. The default is 3 times in a row correct -> move to active. Or swipe up once. When studying new cards, you can look at bottom to see if a card will move to active on a correct response. The "middle" item will be dash if no, or a number (default is about 20 hours) if yes.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby manjade » Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:02 am

Thanks for the info
Re: new cards repeating, I meant in one round
Eg. I have 10 new cards and I get 2 right, 8 wrong and the round comes to an end
I guess I want the round to continue until I get them all right at least once (even when I’ve got the value set to 3) - this is how I would have used paper flashcards, repeat the new ones until I got them all correct once
manjade

Postby Ernie » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:14 pm

I think I see. No, my spaced repetition doesn't work like that. There's no way to repeat JUST the missed cards. I personally like them mixed in with other cards, to make it a little more challenging. Otherwise, I think the short-term memory kicks in too easily. With only 10 cards (by default), you don't have to wait long to see them again. I don't have any plans to change this.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback