Feature request

Feature request

Postby kraemder » Sat May 23, 2020 3:21 pm

Hi Earnie thanks again for the wonderful app. I recently watched a YouTube video of a guy using anki to review about 1000 cards a day (roughly two hours per day for him) in part thanks to an add on called Speed Focus Mode. It has options to do a couple things and the big one is to automatically show the answer after a certain amount of time like maybe 4 seconds. As expected your app has a similar feature built in to it but as far as I can see it does a count down and then shows an alarm clock only. Is it possible to add an option for it to flip the card and show the answer too? Thanks again for the wonderful app. I am finding just the countdown to be very useful already by the way.
kraemder

Re: Feature request

Postby Ernie » Tue May 26, 2020 7:01 am

Hi Kraemder,

I'm looking for a little more info.
So you want the app to be able to auto-flip after say 4 seconds.

What about answering? Do you still want to swipe left or down to continue to the next card?

How often do you think you'd hit this 4 seconds? It seems like most of the time you'd know the card OK and after 2 seconds you'd want to flip, check and move on. In this case, I'm thinking you might hit that 4 seconds only say 25% of the time. And if you still have to swipe to move to next card, it doesn't seem to be saving that many taps, % wise.

Adding such a feature makes some sense. I'm just trying to get a better feel of how much benefit it would provide.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Katja from Hamburg » Tue May 26, 2020 10:52 pm

Hi Kraemder, Ernie,
When I saw this request, I remember immediately MultiChoice as this has delay in showing the answer.
But minimum answer is 2 and also it is not possible to answer by swipe in the question area on top.
Using MC already have a logic what should happens, when the time is gone.
So maybe it is worth to build on top of that?
Katja from Hamburg

Postby kraemder » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:29 pm

Thanks for replying. Well I think it would provide a little benefit for people looking to speed run through reviews that have piled up. It depends how aggressively you set the timer for when the card flips automatically but I think 25% sounds right. With the current count time timer i currently flip it over manually before it reaches zero just to keep it from reaching zero. However, after studying “speed” runs for a week, I’ve gone back to just doing it the standard way. I might try it again though. So I really don’t know how useful it would be maybe you could ask some more people. The anki mod that does this is pretty popular I think so it seems a number of people find it useful. I personally would not want the card to be marked wrong automatically but maybe some people would.
kraemder

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback