Set "Cards to study" by Streak/Interval of backside stats

Set "Cards to study" by Streak/Interval of backside stats

Postby eneri81 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:55 am

Hi,

I'm using the app for years and it's great to study languages. I have been using normal desk to learn side 1 --> 2 a combination desk to study 2 -> 1 and am now trying the advanced layout options.

But in both cases, I do miss a dynamic way to set the "cards to study" for 2 --> 1 based on the stats of 1 --> 2.
Background: I want to start by learning foreign language (1) --> first language (2) and when a card has reached a certain level, I would like to study first language (2) --> foreign language (1). E.g. when the stats for 1 --> 2 have a streak of 5 or an interval > 7 days they should automatically be added to the 2 --> 1 deck/layout (and removed, when I lose the streak or the interval is reduced due to a wrong answer).

At the moment I occasionally flag cads with streak 5 or higher and have set "cards to study" for 2 --> 1 do "flagged cards only". But a more dynamic solution would be very welcome!

I would be happy, if this could be part of the Feature request list. :D

Thanks.
Irene
eneri81

Re: Set "Cards to study" by Streak/Interval of backside stat

Postby Ernie » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:28 pm

Hi Irene,

If you have Advanced Layout turned on, go to your 2nd layout, Cards to Study. You should see a row "Additional Streak / Interval". Here you can specify criteria from another "statistics set". ("1" will likely be your first layout.) Choose Interval >7 days (for example), and this should activate direction 2 when a card's direction 1 interval gets over 7 days. I think this what you are looking for, and hopefully it works well for you.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby eneri81 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:28 am

Thanks! And sorry I haven't seen this :(

One other question: I thought there is an option to show the category at the bottom of the card while learning, but I cannot find the setting (not in normal settings and not in advanced layout settings) - sorry.
eneri81

Postby Ernie » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:12 am

Global Options > View > Show Footer > Category 1 or 2. Tap "By Deck" if you want it only for certain decks.

I stuck this one in Global Options.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby eneri81 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:00 pm

Thanks 👍
eneri81

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback