Set ALL cards to active?

Set ALL cards to active?

Postby Vinde » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:47 am

Hi,

TL;DR: I force fed the program 'statistics set 1' and 'statistics set 2' for my list with all 'active' cards. All the cards show correct interval values, but all of them are now 'new'. I would like to set them all to active.

Long version:
I'm using a study set that has 2300 cards in it, and over the past few months I got of them to 'active' status (zero 'new' cards).

Now, wanting to get tested on side 1->2 and 2->1 both with their own independent statistics set, I decided to use 'Advanced Layout'.

So, to copy my current progress over from 'statistics set 1' to 'statistics set 2', I did the following steps:

1) In app: I updated my deck from google drive (it was already up to date, but I did this for step 2)
2) On Google Drive: I copied the 'Statistics 1' data from the "Flashcards Deluxe/Backups/Deck Before Update/Learning_List (pre-update)" file into the original Learning_List file by adding new column headers "Statistics 1" and "Statistics 2"
3) In app: I updated my deck again and I selected "Use Import" for the statistics pop up box.

Now, all of my cards have new status, but they show their correct period. For example, here's one card's interval data as shown under the card:

(56) - 20h 1

If I answer correctly, the card will now have its interval overwritten to 20h instead of >56 days. That's because the card is being treated as a new card. Can I set all cards to 'active' somehow?

Thanks in advance! :)
Vinde

Re: Set ALL cards to active?

Postby Ernie » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:22 pm

If you manually update the statistics, the first item in the statistics screen is the status. I wonder why your statistics didn't make the card active. The first number:
Status – 0) Pending 1) New 2) Active 3) Exclude
Example:
2,0,0,0,0,0,162,2019-07-04 22:12,2019-07-04 22:12
So the first "2" means "Active". A 0 or 1 will create a new/pending card.

I assume your strings start with "2". All cards should then be active, not start as new/pending. I don't know why that is happening to you.
Do your strings start with "2"?
Instead of updating your deck, maybe try adding a new deck to see if any change in behavior. If you want, you can email me your Excel/Text file and I can try adding as a new deck to see what happens.

Now, you can change all cards from new/pending to Active. I just don't know if there will be any side effects, such as statistics getting reset. To try, go to card listing, Mode (at bottom), Multi-select, Mode, Select All (or choose individual cards), Mode, Set Status 1 or 2, Active.

Ernie
et@orangeorapple.com
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Vinde » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:46 pm

I skimmed over the statistics values (that I manually copy/pasted into the list) for the cards, and all of them do indeed start with "2" (e.g. 2,0,5,5,8,7,1347,2019-04-16 13:49,2019-06-14 16:49)

Interestingly, the updated values in the "Flashcards Deluxe/Backups/Deck Before Update/Learning_List (pre-update)" file now start with "1" (e.g. 1,0,5,5,8,7,1347,2019-04-16 13:49,2019-06-11 16:49)

I will try and add it as a new deck, and will also try the method to set all of them to 'active' as mentioned.

If that doesn't fix it, I'll email you my study list in a bit.

Thank you!
Vinde

Postby Vinde » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:59 pm

Going into List View > Mode > Multi Select > Mode > Select All > Mode "Set Status 1 = Active" & "Set Status 2 = Active" fixed the issue!

(Adding as a new deck still sets all cards to 'new').

Thank you for guiding me to resolve this issue! It's actually amazing how many simple yet effective features this app has.

PS - I'll share my learning list file with you, just in case you want to reproduce this edge case.
Vinde

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback