Cards not matching up on update

Cards not matching up on update

Postby blarn » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:02 am

Hi,

I keep track of all my cards in an excel sheet (there is about 5000 of them) - sometimes I make drastic changes to the wording of the question and the answer at the same time. When I perform a "Download / Update", a lot of times I end up with "New Cards" but they're actually existing cards that Flashcards Deluxe couldn't find a match for, so my statistics are getting constantly messed up and it's a bit frustrating. However, I have a column called "ID" in my excel sheet which is unique and consistent - would you consider allowing us to add an optional column called "CardIdentifier" which would guarantee match preservation irrespective of changes to wording?

Thanks!
blarn

Re: Cards not matching up on update

Postby Ernie » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:18 pm

Hi,

If you change only one side at a time, the app will likely have a better time keeping statistics, if it can make a unique match on at least one side.

The "ID" column should solve this problem. Is your ID numeric? If not, please change to a unique integer and try again. If your ID is already and integer, let me know if you are using iOS or Android and I'll try a test on my end.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback