FAQ

How do I create folders?

Postby Ernie » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:37 pm

At the main Decks screen, tap + in the top right, then "New Folder". Name your folder, create it, and you then get a screen asking you which decks to put in the folder.
Ernie
Site Admin

How do I show side 2 first?

Postby Ernie » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:38 pm

From the study screen, tap the (i) in the top right to view the Study Options. The 3rd setting is "Show Side First". Change this to Side 2.
Ernie
Site Admin

How do I show side 3 first?

Postby Ernie » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:41 pm

In the "Show Side First" setting, there is not an option to show side 3 first. (The reason is because I don't know if you want to see side 2 next or side 1 next.) To show side 3 first, go to the Study Options screen at tap "Card Layout". There is an option "Side 3 on Front". This will show both side 1 and side 2 on the back, creating a 2-sided card. If you want a 3-sided card, you can edit this layout. Tap "Edit", "Side 3 on Front", "Side 1-> 2", and you can then move "T2" (side 2 text) to Side 3, for example.
Ernie
Site Admin

How do I start a slideshow?

You need to be in browse mode to start a slideshow. When studying, tap the "B" in the bottom left to put you in browse mode. Tap the play button (triangle) where the "B" was to start the slideshow. To exit browse mode and return to normal answering of cards, tap the bottom middle icon (single card) and choose "Exit Browse Mode". You can speed up or slow down the slideshow using the "delay" settings in the Main Options : Slideshow screen.
Ernie
Site Admin

How do I get a sound to play automatically?

When a card has sound, you'll see a play button (triangle icon) in the lower half of the screen. Double-click this to toggle auto-play of sound on/off.
Ernie
Site Admin

How do I add new cards to an existing deck? (keeping stats)

Postby Ernie » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:42 pm

Method 1 - download a private deck by "appending" these new cards to an existing deck:
1) Upload just the new cards to this website
2) In app, at the main screen tap "Edit", then the deck you want to update
3) Make sure the "Deck Code" (2nd row) matches the code you used when uploading to the website
4) Tap "Download" then "Append" (** Make sure you tap "Append" and NOT Replace All Cards. **)

Method 2 - from two separate existing decks, copy all cards from one deck to another:
1) Create a new deck as usual (from Quizlet, Private Deck, etc.). We'll copy these cards to another "main" deck...
2) Go to the card listing of this NEW deck. To Copy, tap the "Mode" button at the bottom, "Multi-Select", "Mode" again, "Select All", "Mode" again, "Copy Cards"... Optional: When done, tap "Mode" then "Normal Mode".
3) Delete your NEW deck, if desired
Ernie
Site Admin

How do I move cards from one deck to another?

In the card listing screen, tap the "Mode" button at the bottom, then "Multi-Select". You can now select multiple cards by tapping on them. To carry out the move, tap "Mode" again, then "Move Cards"... Optional: When done, tap "Mode" then "Normal Mode" to exit this multi-select functionality.
Ernie
Site Admin

How do I assign a category to many cards at once?

See "How do I move cards from one deck to another" above. It's the same procedure, just a different final step.
Ernie
Site Admin

How do I transfer my deck from one device to another?

Postby Ernie » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:28 pm

Below is one method to export from one device and import to the other device:

Export to the orangeorapple.com server:
1) At the main screen, tap Edit, then the deck you want to export
2) Make sure you enter a "Deck Code" (2nd item). Use a code that nobody else will.
3) Tap Export. Make sure "Export To" is set to "App Server", and set other options appropriately.
4) Tap Export.

Import from your other device:
5) At the main screen, tap +, then "Private Deck"
6) Enter the same Deck Code you choose above
7) Tap "Download Cards"

If you don't want to create a new deck, but just update an existing deck:
5) At the main screen, tap Edit, then the deck you want to update
6) Make sure the Deck Code matches what you used when exporting
7) Tap Download, then "Replace All Cards"
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to FAQ