Memory space of TTS

Memory space of TTS

Postby Grexie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:38 am

Hello Ernie, Can you tell me, please, how much memory space does TTS use? Is it a memory hog? What is the difference in comparison to add sound by myself? I consider to add TTS to my collections but I have several hundreds of vocabularies. Kind regards ... Gregor
Grexie

Re: Memory space of TTS

Postby norbert » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:20 am

Hi Gregor,
using the TTS is no more or less memory hog than recording yourself. The TTS is a program that runs on Ernie's server, so nothing is done on your side but the .mp3 is saved in the media dir. Rest assured, I tried it with several thousands to ten-thousands of vocabs and kanji compounds, no problem.
norbert

Postby Ernie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:37 am

Several hundred TTS files should barely (if at all) be noticeable, as far as taking up space on your device. You can view available space on your device using iTunes on in the Settings app. Check it out before and after downloading the TTS files to get a sense of space used. (You may not see a change though.)
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Grexie » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:28 am

Hi Ernie and Norbert, Thanks for your reply. I'm going to see the memory requirements of TTS. I think it should be possible to compare the files via Dropbox. The English pronounciation of TTS is okay and I will include some audio-files. The German pronounciation is very synthetic but it doesn't matter because I know how to speak Geman. It 's more important for me to learn a good English pronounciation. In my case the conditions of TTS are very good. Thanks, Ernie, for this new option in your application.
Grexie

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback