Bug in FCD or Google Docs

Bug in FCD or Google Docs

Postby spitzmuller » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:36 am

Hi there Ernie

Just this morning I downloaded a new version of my cards to the Iphone and boom: I get some kind of error with picture format not supported etc. Well, in the process i lost my statistics but I had a backup emailed to me, so there not much lost. Aanyway: I now have my google docs cards (665 of them) and I tried to create a new deck downloading from google docs: after importing is finished, i only get 541 on the iphone... The problem is probably some linefeed or other special character that screws up the import, but I cannot find it. Can you?

I'll be happy to share my cards over google docs with you so you can try for yourself and hopefully reproduce the bug. For that, I'd need your google email adress.

Hope you can and have the time to help me.

Greets from Switzerland Simon
spitzmuller

Re: Bug in FCD or Google Docs

Postby spitzmuller » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:39 am

By the way: looking forward to your new progress percentage feature. A long awaited one... :)
spitzmuller

Postby Ernie » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:09 am

Yes, please share the spreadsheet with me and I'll check it out. My email is et@orangeorapple.com
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby spitzmuller » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:44 pm

I thought you had to have a gmail adress to share a google doc... but it accepted your orangeorapple one. Tell me if it works. Greets Simon
spitzmuller

Postby Ernie » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:12 am

Simon, I got your text and found that Google Docs has just changed how they export their data. Please see my post at the top titled "Google Docs import problem " for more info. Thanks for letting me know.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback