<background-color #FFFF00> has no effect.

<background-color #FFFF00> has no effect.

Postby zed » Thu May 19, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi,

I just bought your app and am developing flashcards for it but adding <background-color #FFFF00> to a card's text seems to have no effect on the background color. Are you sure this is working or am I doing something wrong?
zed

Re: <background-color #FFFF00> has no effect.

Postby Ernie » Fri May 20, 2011 9:22 am

An undocumented limitation... this feature only works with the "Old Style" card color options. (e.g. White on Black, Black on White, Custom)
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby zed » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:46 am

Yep, that was it.
zed

Postby ladyships » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:32 pm

along these lines…is it possible to have different background colors for each side with the New Style card layouts? i seem to recall having it work with New Styles for a few decks, then i must’ve screwed with something in the options & now i can only modify the background color for side 1, which then proceeds to be the background color for all the sides…

kinda annoying. i really like having the icons at reduced opacity so i can focus on the content of the flashcards while studying, but it’s important that i have a different color for side 1 & for side 2, and i can only seem to get that to work with Old Style formatting.

p.s. it’d be cool if we could submit alternate GUIs for use with New Style to you. so there’d be more options for people to select from, [& i could just define my stuff without having to modify an existing layout beyond recognition…]. making available a little kit of the files we could modify would suffice! i could figure out the rest myself; you wouldn’t have to write directions/comments or anything.

p.p.s. adore the app. keep up the great work! really excited about the addition of multiple choice in the future…the ability to add hints you could prompt when stuck would be cool, too. : P
ladyships

Postby Ernie » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:49 pm

ladyships,

You can change the background color for each side using a new layout. The theme "Basic : Pastels" already does this. Select this color theme, then tap "Edit". Here you can change the "Card Colors" to your liking. In the "Background" section you can also change the icon opacity.

I'm not sure if or when I'll support even more customization for layouts, like using your own background pictures.

Multiple choice should be part of the next update.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback