Cards all disappeared?

Cards all disappeared?

Postby lunarita » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:25 am

Hi
I'm still quite new to this app and today tried to load another deck from Google.
When I opened the app, all of my decks were missing. I had to reload them fom Google, whcih isn't difficult, but all of my settings (sound, layout etc) will have to be reset.

Is there something i can do to avoid this happening in the future?
lunarita

Re: Cards all disappeared?

Postby Ernie » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:47 pm

Hi,

I'm so sorry for the extremely slow response.

I don't know why this would happen, other than some very rare device glitch that would cause the app's data directory to be "reset".
May I ask, when all decks were deleted, were the Introduction and Sample decks there? If yes, this would go along with the idea that the database disappeared and the app needed to recreate it. If there were no decks, then this would seem to be an internal issue within my app. But I have no explanation. I might try to delete the app and re-install. But this was a week ago.

If you are going to use the app, I recommend you periodically export your deck(s) for backup. You can export back to Google (with statistics), which will back your settings also. But this will overwrite your existing sheet. Another option if you use Dropbox or OneDrive is to tap "Edit" then "Backup/Restore" and do a full database backup.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby lunarita » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:22 am

Hi Ernie and thanks for replying.

The sample decks were there, it was as if I was opening the app for the first time.
I managed to get it working again the way I wanted and so far the problem hasn't happened again.

Fingers crossed!

FWIW it really is by miles the best flashcard app I've tried. Thanks for all your work on this!
lunarita

Postby Ernie » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:47 pm

Sorry about that initial hiccup. I hope the app works well for you now.
Thank you for your kind words!
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback