Wonder why that is occurring

Wonder why that is occurring

Postby JustinTaylor » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:38 am

I've been employing Spaced Repetition in my studies, and I've noticed that on occasion, my Progress percentage decreases even when I answer all the questions correctly. While I haven't pinpointed an exact pattern, it appears to happen during practice rounds with just a few cards. It's not a major concern, but I am curious as to why this phenomenon is occurring.
JustinTaylor

Re: Wonder why that is occurring

Postby Ernie » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:14 pm

Hi,

Hmm, I'm stumped. Not sure. The progress is based on the Interval of each card, from 0 to the "Target Interval" (30 days by default). If all cards have an interval of 15 days, you get 50% progress. If 50% of the cards have an interval >= 30 days, and 50% haven't been studied yet, progress is also 50%.

Say all your cards that you study in the group are over 30 days. You get all correct, except one wrong. Your progress goes down because of the one wrong card, as the correct answers are not increasing your %.

If you add new cards, your % will go down. Or if you had cards excluded in Cards to Study and then included them, that would do the same thing.

I'm not a fan of the % going down after wrong answers. I feel like I should keep track of "max interval" and use that. Not sure how to solve the problem of adding new cards.

But if you are not adding new cards to the mix and answering all cards correct, I don't know!
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback