Sharing Decks

Sharing Decks

Postby jason.l.lewis » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:04 pm

I love the application. Very usefull.

I have this app on both IPAD and IPOD touch. Recently I exported the cards for "Sharing". The file of approx. 200 flash cards were on the IPAD. I let a friend borrow the IPOD touch so that I will be able to share cards with him wirelessly and vice versa...

We messed around with it for about an hour. The flashcards appeared on the IPOD touch however, we could not actually view them or download them into an active deck. Not sure what the porblem was. If there is a procedure or any info it would be very helpfull for us both. Thank you.
jason.l.lewis

Re: Sharing Decks

Postby Ernie » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:24 pm

I'm a little confused on your description, but if you want to transfer a deck to other device (or share with a friend), try the procedure below:

Export to the orangeorapple.com server:
1) At the main screen, tap Edit, then the deck you want to export
2) Make sure you enter a "Deck Code" (2nd item). Use a code that nobody else will.
3) Tap Export. Make sure "Export To" is set to "Server", and set other options appropriately.
4) Tap Export.

Import from your other device:
5) At the main screen, tap +, then "Private Deck"
6) Enter the same Deck Code you choose above
7) Tap "Download Cards"

It sounds like you exported to the Shared Library, which is another way to share. If so, you should be able to download it using the +, Shared Library, Search command.

Let me know if this doesn't answer your question.
Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback