Category Review

Category Review

Postby dhofland » Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:47 am

I have found this app extremely helpful for learning Greek and Hebrew for seminary. I have all of the vocab words for each language in a single Google Sheets file, and then I use the category column to separate them into the different lessons that I introduce every week. I don't want to separate all the lessons into different files and decks because I want them all to be easy to share with my classmates. The app has been great overall, but I wish there was one feature to assist in reviewing for quizzes in class. I wish that when I entered "Quiz" mode I could select a single category to be quizzed on instead of having the entire deck to go through. Would this be possible?
dhofland

Re: Category Review

Postby Ernie » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:10 pm

Hi,

The quiz will take cards from whatever categories you currently have selected. You select the categories in Deck Options > Cards to Study. I think you are already doing this, as you say you introduce new sections each week. So I assume the solution is to go to Cards to Study, including only a single lesson, *then* start the Quiz. Now I realize that having to go to change categories back and forth for quiz and general study might be cumbersome. In this case, you might create a "combination deck". Use this for Quizes. Enter this deck and set Cards to Study for your quiz. You can then easily go back to your main deck for general study.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback