Date when due cards next become due

Date when due cards next become due

Postby rasa » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:33 am

As most everyone here, Ernie and team, I love your app. Thank you for all the work.

As is possible, I may be missing this, but I would find it very helpful if when you have finished a session in a deck, in the Statistics page, there is a line saying the day and maybe time of day when the next due cards should be reviewed (become due). This would help me be more efficient when studying.
rasa

Re: Date when due cards next become due

Postby Ernie » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:55 am

Hi Rasa,

I'm sorry for the slow reply.

You can turn on Notifications when card is due. This might somewhat solve your problem.
Global Options > Notifications
Change "Total Due" and "Single Deck Due" to "1" if you want to be notified when first card is due. Or leave as "5" to be notified when "5" cards are due.
Turn on your spaced repetition decks at bottom.

1) You will only get notification if you leave the app with LESS than that number of due cards. So if there are already 1 or 5 due cards, you won't get notification.
2) I've had problems with Android notifications. Actually, I think the current Android version won't give notifications. I've recently tried to fix this and will release a new update this week that will improve the situation.

I haven't had this request before. I'll consider it. For me, I know I'm just going to have due cards come up throughout the day. And usually new cards to study. No need to be so exact on due cards. Open the app a couple times a day to study for example, whenever the timing is good for you, not when a card is due.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:28 pm

Ernie,
I am an Android user and wondering about the notification feature. In your post to Rasa you said there would be a fix coming. Can we expect it soon?

By the way I really think you have provided a great app. It has helped me tremendously.
Jim

Postby Ernie » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:52 pm

Hi Jim,

Thanks.

The new version has been approved as is rolling out to people over the next 5 days or so.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby rasa » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:55 pm

Ernie,

Thanks for the suggestion of using the Notifications specifically the badges. This works very well for me as I have the FC icon on my main page and see immediately, or close enough, when cards are due. Thanks again.
rasa

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback