New feature request: Cards become new in reverse order

New feature request: Cards become new in reverse order

Postby Cactus » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:30 am

Hi Ernie,

I've been working with your app for years now and I've successfully been using it to study vocabulary, but also subject matter for university and such.

For me it would be very helpful to add the feature “cards become new in reverse order”. The reason is that sometimes I need to clear the statistics data because I didn’t have time to review my cards for a few months and I need to restart again. Then, but also under other circumstances, it would be very useful not to start from the chronological beginning of the list again, but in counter-chronological order—cards becoming “new” from the bottom to the top.

The only solution I’ve found up to this point is to select the newest cards and manually set them to “new”—which is a lot of work if you regularly add new cards.

Best,
Chris
Cactus

Re: New feature request: Cards become new in reverse order

Postby Ernie » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:45 pm

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the slow reply.

I think this is a pretty good idea. I'm not sure if I'm ready to implement right away, but let's see. I'll make a note if it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Here's a procedure that might help.
What I'll be doing is selecting multiple cards at once in the card listing screen, and changing status to "new":

Go to card listing screen.
List > Order By = "Card Order". Now cards are in order of time added.
To find latest cards, you can scroll to bottom, or show cards in "Reverse Order" (in List menu) to have them be at top.
Tap Mode > Multi-Select
Tap Range button at top-right.
Now tap first card you want to make new and last card you want to make new. All cards in between should be selected.
Tap Mode > Set Status....
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: New feature request: Cards become new in reverse order

Postby Cactus » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:54 am

Hi Ernie,

I’m glad you like the suggestion and thank you for the walkaround as described.

I’ve been doing it like you laid out for a while now, but I think an alternative option for having the cards become new in reverse order would be a big time-saver in this respect since “multi-selecting” maybe a hundred new cards is quite a tedious affair.

Anyway, I’m happy about your response! :)

Take care!
Cactus

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback