BUG: Personal Hotspot banner obscures cards

BUG: Personal Hotspot banner obscures cards

Postby doogooroo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:44 pm

Hi Ernie,

Bug alert.

1. Activate "personal hotspot"
2. Click on a deck. You're shown the deck summary page (e.g. 3 cards are due. Pending / New: 0 etc)
3. Tap on the top of your screen to show the deck name. It is mostly obscured by the Personal Hotspot banner.

It would be good if you could move this down a little like you have in the page listing all the decks. The main issue with this bug for me is when I complete my reps and try to move back a deck, I press the Personal Hotspot banner and get whisked away to the Settings screen.

A similar issue occurs when editing a deck. "List View Mode Filter" are partially obscured down the bottom of the screen.

Hope this isn't too hard to fix.

Cheers,

Dougal
doogooroo

Re: BUG: Personal Hotspot banner obscures cards

Postby Ernie » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:31 am

My app doesn't adjust for any special banners at the top (like getting a phone call). Now I've one more situation to deal with? Can you turn the banner off when using a 3rd party app? It seems odd that you have to have the banner up constantly while providing the hotspot.

Well, this isn't too common so I'm not super excited about dealing with this, but I'll add it to my to-do list.
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: BUG: Personal Hotspot banner obscures cards

Postby doogooroo » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:43 pm

Yeah, I imagine it'd be a real pain having to adjust the app for all these different scenarios particularly when your app is so fully featured.

I spend quite a bit of time on my Mac with my iPhone as a modem. If I find something I want to remember, I input it into Flashcards Deluxe there and then, which is when I encounter the problem.

I'd like to be able to unplug it, but I actually need the internet connect to copy stuff from the Mac clipboard to another app - Syncopy - which pastes it to my iPhone clipboard for easy pastage into Flashcards Deluxe.

I could just unplug the phone while i'm using Flashcards Deluxe but then I'd have to input all the info Flashcards Deluxe by hand so it's not a big winner for me.

Have had a look at the settings but you don't seem to be able to turn off the banner unfortunately.

I understand that this one must come low on your list of to do's but if you could get round to it some day it'd be great.

Cheers,

Dougal
doogooroo

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback