Adding pictures to cards on Mac

Adding pictures to cards on Mac

Postby gleb » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:42 am

Hello!

I wonder how to add photos to my cards if I create them on my Mac? I select the library option, but there are only a few iphone photos that were taken almost a year ago. Is there a way to add photos directly from my computer that would be much easier for me?
gleb

Re: Adding pictures to cards on Mac

Postby Ernie » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:01 pm

Hi Gleb,

I'm sorry for the slow response!

Are you using Mac app or iOS app?

Assuming you are using iOS app, the recommended way is to create your flashcards in an Excel spreadsheet. If you have pictures, then you'll create a column header "Picture 1" or "Picture 2" and put the picture file name in that column (not the picture itself). You then need to transfer both the Excel sheet and the pictures to the app together. If using my website, you'll copy-paste your Excel contents into the webpage, then zip up your pictures and upload that. A better way is to use OneDrive or Dropbox.

See the following video:
02 Creating flashcards outside of the app
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG9lxMBws8k

Let me know if this information helps.
You might want to email me for potentially better service, since I can sent better samples
Ernie
et@orangeorapple.com
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:16 am

Hello!!

Thank you for your answer! I am using the Mac app. I know about using Excel, but I'm wondering if I can, in the Mac app, insert pictures into cards right from my computer. It's just weird that I can't access the pictures on my Mac when I select the "Library" option, it just shows random iphone pictures from a year ago.

Postby Ernie » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:58 pm

What comes up for me when tap "Library" is my iOS Photo library, which is what I see on my iPhone.
Keep in mind, the Mac app is just the iOS version of the app which can run on a Mac. The photos available are I believe whatever is in your Apple Photos app. So one option might be to open Photos app on your Mac and you can app pictures there first, and they should then show up within Flashcards Deluxe. Because it's the iOS app, it doesn't have access to your Mac hard drive. Sorry about that.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:54 am

Oh, I see!! It was stupid of me not to go into the mac photo library. it's not synced with icloud, so there's only a set of a few random old photos that I see when I click on the library in Flashcards. I'll try uploading the pictures to the photo library and then to the app. thanks! Really appreciate your app.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:31 am

Hi Ernie,

maybe you have a hint for me how to create and update a deck with media files from my iPad/iPhone using „iCloud Files“?

I have no problems to create a sample deck with media files using my OneDrive. I stored an Excel file „Test.xlsx“ and some pictures in the subfolder „Test Media“ and it worked properly. :D

On iCloud I tried multiple things without success to upload the pictures from there. Only the normal text fields were created. My approach was to create a ZIP file with the Excel file in it and a subfolder with the pictures in it. I tried the same file/folder naming convention as for OneDrive.

What is wrong? Or is it not possible to use iCloud for this?

Thx!

Best
Volker

Postby Ernie » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:07 pm

Hi Volker,

I don't fully support iCloud Drive. I'm sorry. I only added this because Apple made me.
Media files are NOT supported.
To update, you can ADD the same deck again, and if the file name is the same, the app should ask you if you want to add a new deck or update the existing one.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Volker » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:27 pm

Hello Ernie,

thank you for your answer. Then I will use OneDrive for it.

Best
Volker
Volker

Postby mxgrn » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:11 am

FWIW, it would be soo convenient if iCloud drive could be used to add media! My flow, which the iCloud drive is a part of, is almost perfect, only w/o sounds or pics.
mxgrn

Postby Ernie » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:33 pm

Hi mxgrn,
I don't have any plans for additional iCloud support at this time. Sorry.
Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback