Adding pictures - Autofill for Booleans?

Adding pictures - Autofill for Booleans?

Postby MicMir » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:27 pm

Hey Ernie, how is it going?

My question is about adding pictures through the Online Search option.

I have a Hungarian wordlist and I wanted to download corresponding pics but I noticed that the search is not "country specific" and I'm getting a lot of false results.

For example when I try to download a picture for the Hungarian word hal (which in English means fish) I'm not getting any pictures with the animal, only images with Hal Holbrook and another guy.

It seems I managed to solve this with using boolean so hal AND language:"hu" provides the correct images. I'm using autofill intentionally to save time but in these circumstances it's not that useful because I am forced to be copying the boolean operator over and over again.

Do you have any tip or idea how can I speed up my process again? I guess adding boolean options for the autofill menu would be an overkill, right?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work,
Mína
MicMir

Re: Adding pictures - Autofill for Booleans?

Postby Ernie » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:25 pm

Hi Mína,

I never thought of this. Yeah, ideally the app would know the language your autofill text is, and apply the appropriate image search criteria. I will keep this as ideas for a possible future update, but I don't plan on making any update near term. Sorry about that.

I guess you don't have an English column? If so, you can change the autofill to be from the English text.
Do you have your lists in a spreadsheet? I was thinking you could add a column with a more descriptive text search, for example concatenate your Hungarian text with " hu". This could be done quickly with a formula. Then in the app, use that Text column as your autofill source. This will create a new side to your flashcard, so the next step would be to adjust the "card layout" (in deck options) to remove that text item from your flashcard.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback