Uploading more than 50mb pictures

Uploading more than 50mb pictures

Postby Weavre » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:20 pm

Hello,

I bought this app specifically to make digital flashcards with pictures and brief text on one side, and other brief text on the other. This app said it was perfect for this purpose, so I went ahead and bought it so I could get started. I need to have fairly large decks for what I want to learn, but I do not plan to leave my pictures on the Flashcards Deluxe server now that I have read all the available information.

I just spent several hours getting everything prepared, correctly formatted, etc., and then finally making my first deck, with 112 cards. I have Google Drive, Dropbox, and other storage options. I have now tried all the available directions. Google Drive apparently no longer has collections; certainly, there is no "Collections" option in the "New" menu on my PC or Android phone app, or on the Drive website. Dropbox is apparently no longer supported. The website interface directly on the orangeorapple site does not permit upload of more than 50 Mb of pictures.

I have exhausted the available directions to upload the 56 pictures I need to upload. Even zipped, the folder is more than 50 Mb. But, since I see Flashcards Deluxe prefers I not leave it on the server once I've downloaded the deck to my phone, I'm happy to do that. Only ... HOW can I get it to where it needs to be?

If this app will not, in fact, allow me to make a deck this size with pictures on the cards, then I may have to reconsider my purchase. I am very frustrated, because I set aside time to learn this system and create what I needed, only for it not to work.

Please help. Thank you.
Weavre

Re: Uploading more than 50mb pictures

Postby Ernie » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:25 pm

Hi,

If you have a Dropbox account, I recommend you use that. I assume you can use a PC.

In the app, tap + (add deck), Dropbox, and login. You should see a couple sample decks you can download.
The app will have just created the following folder: /Dropbox/Apps/Flashcards Deluxe/

I have a video that should help. I recommend you watch this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG9lxMBws8k

You need to enter your flashcards text either in a text document or spreadsheet. For pictures, you'll create a "Picture _" column and put the file name of each picture in the doc/spreadsheet.

Example: (| = tab or new column)

Text 1 | Picture 2
question 1 | answer 1.jpg
question 2 | answer 2.jpg

Save in Flashcards Deluxe folder, either as .txt or .xlsx file.
You then create a folder to store all media. Name folder same as txt/excel file, but with Media suffix. Example:
My deck.txt
My deck Media/

Put all your media files in the Media folder.
Add as a new deck.

Let me know how it goes.
Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback