Deck crashes and deletion of "new" statuses

Deck crashes and deletion of "new" statuses

Postby Cactus » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:05 pm

Hi everybody,

I hope you can help me because this bug that has been showing up since today is quite frustrating:

I've got a combination deck which I've been using for more than two years without any bugs in order to review my Italian vocab. When I'm adding new cards, I put them on the status "new" so that I can review them right away, making use of the spaced repetition funcion.

Today, my app started crashing when I was reviewing my vocab from this deck. First, it would only return to the home screen and not safe the progress I've made. Now these crashes happen even more frequently, after I've only reviewed a couple of cards, and the app crashes (and closes) completely.

In addition to that, I've seen that now the app has apparently deleted the "new" status of about 100 to 200 cards that I've added over the past one and a half weeks and it will be super tedious to put it back to "new".

As far as I can see, this bug only happens with this one deck. Other decks aren't affected.

Does somebody know what might be the problem here and how I could solve it?

Thanks in advance!
Cactus

Re: Deck crashes and deletion of "new" statuses

Postby Ernie » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:56 pm

Hi,

I don't know of any specific bugs yet, but I will try to figure this out.
Can you tell me, is this is for iOS or Android?

The "new" status problem, did they get reset to "pending"?
I just tried a test, using older version to set random cards to "New" (from Pending), and after updating app, those cards were still "New". I did this test on iOS. I wasn't able to duplicate yet.
It sounds like what you are doing is prioritizing certain cards to be shown next in spaced repetition. If you are doing this one-by-one, you should consider doing this in batch. In card listing, tap Mode, Multi-Select. Select cards you want New. Mode, Set Status, "New".

You say "combination deck". Can you study them without crashing if you study the "base" decks directly?
Have you tried creating a NEW combination deck, to see if that solves the crash?

If you want, you can email me.
et@orangeorapple.com

Finally, if you are willing to send me your database (app's data), and the combination deck is still crashing, I would hopefully then be able to reproduce so I know how to fix. This assumes that the crash is consistent enough and I can reproduce.

I made some fairly big behind-the-scenes changes with the most recent update, and I will be trying to figure this out before releasing to more people.
Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback