Progress goes down with correct answers??

Progress goes down with correct answers??

Postby rlpfromak » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:54 pm

I used Spaced Repetition and I’ve noticed that sometimes my Progress percentage actually drops even when I get all the answers correct. I cannot recall an exact pattern, but it seems to occur when there are just a couple cards in the practice round. It’s no big deal, but I just wonder why that is occurring.
rlpfromak

Re: Progress goes down with correct answers??

Postby Ernie » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:42 pm

Hi. I actually don't have an explanation, and not sure why it's happening.

Each card has an "interval". When studying, you'll see the card's current interval, and the next interval if you answer wrong/correct/strong-correct. The target interval is 30 days, by default. So progress is just a % of all cards' intervals towards this 30 days goal.

If 50% of cards have interval of 0 and 50% have interval of 30+ days, progress is 50%.
If all cards have interval of 15 days, progress is also 50%

If you are repeating missed cards (quick repeat before full interval is up), the interval generally doesn't increase after a correct answer. In this case, I can see how the progress might stay the same, even though you answer correct.

If you change "cards to study" and include more cards, or add new cards to the deck, the progress % will likely go down.

But otherwise, I don't know. :(
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: Progress goes down with correct answers??

Postby rlpfromak » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:55 pm

Thanks for the reply.
BTW, I want to thank you again for a great program. I’m using it to study German and I actually enter my new words on quizlet.com since often when I type the German word someone has already entered the English translation. However, I prefer your spaced repetition plan to quizlet’s, and it is easy to transfer the words from quizlet to Flashcards and create a new deck. It also gives me a backup if I goof up the deck (though that hasn’t happened).
rlpfromak

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback