Postby manjade » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:09 am

using spaced repetition:

example:
I have 60 cards due
In the first session I do 20 and get 2 wrong
Later that day I do another session of 20 cards
the 2 cards I "just" got wrong appear in this round

question:
how can I stop the cards I just got wrong from coming up again so quickly?

NB: not sure if this is connected, but "due cards priority" is set to "low interval" -- does this mean a card which is due in 9 days will come before a card which is due in 9 hours?
manjade

Re: how quickly wrong cards come back again

Postby Ernie » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:38 pm

In Deck Options, look for "Repeat Missed" option. You can choose for example "8 hours" or turn "off" to have them just show up again after their current interval (without any additional re-tests).

Not connected. "Low Interval" means that cards that have a lower interval (usually means cards you don't know as well) will get priority when many cards are due. So the app may show you 20 due cards at a time. What if you have 40 due cards? The app needs to figure out which cards have "priority" and are shown first as part of your 20 of 40 due cards. My default, "low interval" cards (ones you don't know as well) are shown first. Your example you mentioned due date/time, but this is not really related. A card with a high interval might be due before or after a card with a low interval, depending on how long ago the high interval card was studied.
prior review time + interval = next review time.

Missed cards always have highest priority. I you turn "repeat missed" "off", when missed cards are due again, I think they will still have priority, though I'm not sure that is what I really want or intend to happen. It's on my list of items to look into.

About my spaced repetition:
https://orangeorapple.com/Flashcards/Default.aspx

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback