Punctuation change since update?

Punctuation change since update?

Postby TheNCGoalie » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:28 pm

I noticed that in spelling exercises, punctuation at the end always needed to be accurate, but since the update, it doesn’t seem to matter anymore? I can include it or leave it out and both are counted as correct.

EDIT: It also seems you can add random punctuation marks into the middle of sentences, and even words, without any problems. It counts them all as correct as long as the letters are in the right order. Kind of disappointing.
TheNCGoalie

Re: Punctuation change since update?

Postby Ernie » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:59 pm

I defaulted to "ignore punctuation" in new version. It seems I will need to add a new yes/no option in Spelling settings. I will plan to do that. Thanks for the feedback.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby TheNCGoalie » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:21 am

Awesome, thank you.

When are you going to add an optional subscription model so I can continue to pay you for your hard work?
TheNCGoalie

Postby Ernie » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:24 pm

A donation subscription has been added to the iOS version in last week's update. It's at the bottom of the Global Options screen. I'll advertise it a some point. Not sure when I'll add to Android, but maybe next month.

Thanks,
Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby TheNCGoalie » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:35 pm

You should add a custom option for donations, or more categories. I'd happily pay $5 - 10 a month for how much this app has helped with my German.
TheNCGoalie

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback