Setting a Global Custom Font

Setting a Global Custom Font

Postby jdenormandie » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:05 am

Hi Ernie,

I have successfully added a custom font through Finder and am able to apply that font on a per deck basis. I can't seem to figure out how to apply a custom font through global options. An alternative would be to allow a custom font option on a combo deck, but that option is greyed out.

Best,
Justin
jdenormandie

Re: Setting a Global Custom Font

Postby Ernie » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:42 am

Hi Justin,

Yeah, for font, I don't offer a way to set at a global level, and you also can't add at combination deck level. You have to add at the "base" deck, and for each deck. I don't plan on changing this. Sorry about that.

You might consider creating viewer, but larger decks, with categories, instead of many smaller decks.

If you are importing from a text or Excel file, you can add this font information to your flashcard text during first import. To see how this is done, make the setting on an existing deck in the app and export it.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:53 am

Hi Ernie,

I actually found a way to change the font across multiple decks.

Select any deck to get to the "deck cover" (the view for how many cards are due, progress, etc), hit the gear icon > Font / Alignment > Font > Text 1 (or which ever side that needs a custom font) > under Advanced, select "By Deck". There you can see the font for all the decks, and can set a global font option for "All Decks" at the top.

So the global custom font feature is there, but its discoverability was a bit challenging. Perhaps you could simply link to this view (sheet? not sure what its called) under the Global options so it is easier to find.

Best,
Justin

Postby Ernie » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:09 pm

Oh! Sorry I didn't realize it was there. I also looked, but didn't see it, so I reported back incorrectly. Glad you found it!
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback