statistic troubles with multiple decks of 1 source deck

statistic troubles with multiple decks of 1 source deck

Postby Han Lu » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:05 pm

Hello,
I have one basic deck with all the information (-> side A: name of a country, side B: capital of that country, side C: name of the political leader of that country, side D: flag and spoken language of that country).
Now I'd like to create three other decks which take the information of the basic deck where one is just asking for sides D&A, one for sides A&B and one for sides A&C. And I'd like to use spaced repetition with all three.
I already tried to create three combination decks with just the basic deck as the only source but once I got all cards active in my first combination deck, both other combination decks were completely active, too.
Do you know how I can get three decks with one basic deck source but with three separate statistics for spaced repetition?

Thank you so much!
Han Lu

Re: statistic troubles with multiple decks of 1 source deck

Postby Ernie » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:16 pm

Hi,

Sorry for the slow response.

The trick you are missing might be "statistics set". Each card can have up to 4 different sets of statistics. If using spaced repetition, you should find this in the "show side first" setting. You'll then also want to change the "card layout" to show what you want for question and answer.

Instead of creating combination decks, what I would do is turn on "advanced layout" in the single deck. Deck Options > Advanced Layout > On

Two layouts will be created by default. 1->2 will use statistics set #1. 2-> 1 will use statistics set #2. Tap "Edit Layouts" and you can rename "2->1" to something more meaningful, and add a 3rd (and 4th) layout.

In "Layouts to Show" section, tap left side of "2->1" to get to deck options. Notice Statistics Set. You want to set your 3rd layout to "3".

The other think you'll then want to do is tap "Card Layout" and up the layout as appropriate for what you want shown for question and answer.

If you need more guidance, let me know.
Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: statistic troubles with multiple decks of 1 source deck

Postby Han Lu » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:30 pm

Wow, thank you!
I just tried it and it works perfectly.
I need to change my cards a bit, because all variants are in one deck now and I need to make it clearer what answer I am looking for with each card. But it's perfect!!
Han Lu

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback