Help !!! Error Media subfolder not found?

Help !!! Error Media subfolder not found?

Postby thiddleston530 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:11 am

I'm suddenly having issues with "downloading the media" portion when updating a deck from "Edit" -> "Download / Update".

It goes to Downloading Media then reports this error:
Error: Media subfolder not found SharedMedia/

I've been updating this deck for months via Dropbox without any issues until today.

The top of the txt file contains the same thing it has always had:
* media-dir SharedMedia

So, I logged out of dropbox on the app and when I logged in, I'd noticed that the default directory had changed from the root path "/Flashcards Deluxe" to "Apps/Flashcards Deluxe" which would explain why it can't find my SharedMedia folder. Unless there is a way in the app to switch it back to the old directory "/Flashcards Deluxe" I think the best path forward is for me to move all my media folders and decks into the "Apps/Flashcards Deluxe" folder.

Does that sound best?
thiddleston530

Re: Help !!! Error Media subfolder not found?

Postby Ernie » Mon May 24, 2021 6:39 am

Hi. When you log in to Dropbox, there are TWO buttons. The first will use "Apps" directory and second will not. So, either logout and back in and use the 2nd button, or move your Media directory.

The "Apps" subfolder is preferable to most people as the app will then only have access to Apps\Flashcards Deluxe\ folder, instead of your entire Dropbox. Even though the app has access to read your entire Dropbox directory (using the 2nd button, which was the only option a while back), the app never reads anything outside of "Flashcards Deluxe".
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Ernie » Mon May 24, 2021 6:39 am

Hi. When you log in to Dropbox, there are TWO buttons. The first will use "Apps" directory and second will not. So, either logout and back in and use the 2nd button, or move your Media directory.

The "Apps" subfolder is preferable to most people as the app will then only have access to Apps\Flashcards Deluxe\ folder, instead of your entire Dropbox. Even though the app has access to read your entire Dropbox directory (using the 2nd button, which was the only option a while back), the app never reads anything outside of "Flashcards Deluxe".
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:07 pm

I'm had the same problem (with a new phone) and you soled id ! I change the sync loc to roots on my dropbox... and it worked.
Thank you very much !!
Benoit
(Happy user from many years now)

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback