Combination Deck SR: Random Doesn’t Seem Random

Combination Deck SR: Random Doesn’t Seem Random

Postby DB3 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:45 am

Hello

I have a couple of combination decks which combine a large number of base decks (using the base deck settings). Everything is set to Spaced Repetition. My issue is that even though I set ‘Cards Become New’ to random, whenever I chose to learn new cards from the combination deck, it only seems to randomise the new cards from one particular deck, rather than from all decks. So all of my new cards are from the same deck. Can this be corrected please?

Thanks a lot
DB3

Re: Combination Deck SR: Random Doesn’t Seem Random

Postby Ernie » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:56 am

I just tried a test and it seems to work OK for me. I created a standard combination deck, added two decks, turned on SR, and change that setting to Random. I started studying new cards and I see cards from both decks. I don't know what might be causing different behavior between us.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby DB3 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:39 am

Hello, thanks for your reply.

It seems okay when starting the deck, it’s the subsequent rounds that are the problem. Try again but complete the set. Then start studying again but select New instead of Active (Leitner) in the pop-up.
DB3

Postby Ernie » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:15 am

It still seems to be OK on my end. I switch back and forth between finishing "new" rounds and "active (non-due)" rounds, and I always cards from both decks shown.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby DB3 » Mon May 24, 2021 1:49 am

Okay, I won’t labour the issue if you can’t replicate it, but it does happen to me every time and it’s really frustrating. The only thing I can think of is maybe it didn’t happen to you because you only used two decks. I have combination decks with many base decks (up to 70) and it still only pulls new cards from one deck.
DB3

Postby Ernie » Fri May 28, 2021 7:34 am

I will play with it some more to see if I can figure something out.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback