Study the cards

Study the cards

Postby khaldrogo » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:54 pm

Hi

I have an electronics study deck that has about 3000 cards in it, but there are about 600 cards inside of it which are all related to "Fourier". Is there any way that I can just study the Fourier related cards but it still update the SRS statistics of the main deck?

Thanks!
khaldrogo

Re: Study the cards

Postby Ernie » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:15 am

Deck Options > Cards to Study
This is the intended way to study just a subset of cards. Are you creating your cards on your computer? What I would do is add a column for "Category 1". So you might have:
Text 1 | Text 2 | Category 1
question 1 | answer 2 | Fourier

| = tab or new column

Then in "cards to study" you can filter on select categories.
If you are doing this all in the app, you can go to card listing, and use the "Mode" button to enter multi-select, select a batch of cards, then Mode again to get option to "Set Category". You will need to add the category first before setting.

If you are looking for something else, let me know.
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: Study the cards

Postby ssamml » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:37 am

Deck Options > Cards to Study
This is the intended way to study just a subset of cards. Are you creating your cards on your computer? What I would do is add a column for "Category 1". So you might have:
Text 1 | Text 2 | Category 1
question 1 | answer 2 | Fourier

| = tab or new column

Then in "cards to study" you can filter on select categories.
If you are doing this all in the app, you can go to card listing, and use the "Mode" button to enter multi-select, select a batch of cards, then Mode again to get option to "Set Category". You will need to add the category first before setting.

If you are looking for something else, let me know.

was just looking at how to do just that
thank you
ssamml

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback