Shortcuts for iOS

Shortcuts for iOS

Postby mtwdp » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:59 pm

Hi Ernie,

Thanks for the excellent app. Using it every day for language learning with thousands of card's I've created.

I'm wondering about an option to integrate Flashcards Deluxe to Shortcuts on iOS. I make a lot of cards when I encounter a new word or phrase out-and-about. Currently it takes four steps to begin creating a new card: Open app —> Select deck —> Show all cards —> Create new card. It would be a game changer for quickly creating a new card if I could simply tap on a shortcut and begin creating a new card in a specific deck.

I also create a number of flashcards from pictures I take of unknown words. If Flashcards Deluxe had options in Shortcuts, that would allow me to begin creating a new flashcard directly from the share menu in the photos app.

Thank you again!!
mtwdp

Re: Shortcuts for iOS

Postby Ernie » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:55 pm

Hi mtwdp,

I know that entering flashcards directly into the app is one of its weaker points, because it does take a couple more taps than ideal in many cases.

On iOS, if you can "copy" a photo to clipboard, you can then go to card edit screen, tap a Picture row, and you should have an option "Clipboard". This might help you.

Improving my in-app flashcard create process is something on my todo list, and close to the top. I'm not sure when I will get to this, but I will also look into iOS shortcuts.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback