High-quality Siri Voices

High-quality Siri Voices

Postby mt20 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:50 am

Dear Ernie,

Amazon Polly is great but sometimes it fails to pronounce certain words correctly. There are High-quality Siri Voices but what i am wondering whether there would be a way to use the siri voices, what i mean the regular siri voices has been improved a lot and it would be great if we can use them for tts. thanks once again for this amazing app.

best,

murat

?
mt20

Re: High-quality Siri Voices

Postby Ernie » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:18 pm

Hi murat,

Search the in-app help for Text to Speech (TTS). At the bottom is a section on Siri high-quality voices.

In summary, go to Apple Setings > Accessibility > VoiceOver > Speech
Add New language if needed.
Tap Voice to see available languages.
Tap to download. After downloading, some are available in Enhanced versions.
These new voices don't always show up in the app, I think. It's up to Apple to decide which Siri Voices to support inside our apps.
Samantha (US English), for example, will show an "Enhanced" version inside Flashcards Deluxe. I haven't played with this much to see what other voices might be available.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:54 am

Hi Ernie,

I have tried to use the enhanced versions but they are not that good and sound unnatural. It would be great if the siri voices can be used somehow. thanks as always.

Murat

!!

Postby Ernie » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:06 am

" It would be great if the siri voices can be used somehow."

Some of can, of course.

But some Siri voices just aren't provided by Apple/iOS for us developers to use. The list shown in the app is what apple provides.

It seems that you can go to Accessibility and download new voices (?) or enhanced, but they may or may not show up in the app. I can't really tell the difference from normal and "enhanced" version of my Samantha anyway.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback