Column Length

Column Length

Postby LeonardRenner » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:20 am

So there are some slides I put on that have a lot of information on one card and sometimes to organize it I just manual bullets and spacing like you would see on a normal bullet format in word.

I have noticed that when a certain line gets long it jumps over so I would go into google sheets and add the space. for example:

<sp><sp>What is the significance of bilateral symmetry? Allows for
<sp><sp>directional movement, and evolution of associated features

I currently use my tablet (Samsung 8") and I have to eye where that line cuts off to add the space in landscape orientation.

I use the text wrap to help, but my question is, is there a way to know how long a column length should be in order to monitor the cutoff line better or does it depend on the device?

My other question is will there be an opportunity to add a bullet format like Microsoft Office? It would be a boat load of difference in organizing because I'm trying to go paperless and study my notes off this app.
LeonardRenner

Re: Column Length

Postby Ernie » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:17 am

Hi Leonard,

I'm really sorry for the extremely slow response.
Below is text from the in-app help. If you want a bulleted list, try the example below. Put all 3 lines in a single Excel cell. If you need more than this, let me know.

Ernie

<list>
- first sentence
- second sentence

If you want to create bulleted or ordered lists where wrapped text is indented, or have a table where you want to line up text into columns, you can try using a built in “list” feature.

Create a list by starting with < list> on its own line.

Example 1

<list>
- one
- two

Bulleted or ordered lists
Separate columns with a space:

- one
- two

1) one
2) two

Tables
Separate columns with two spaces:
(2 spaces shown below as ☐)

Item 1☐Orange
Item 2☐Apple

Outline
Indent items with a period:

I. Main
. A. Sub 1
.. 1. Sub 2

Final Details

Lists stop when a blank line is found. If you want to include a blank line in your list, end the list with < /list>

If you need to adjust the font size of your list, you can use < size> tags as shown below to set a specific font size.

In the example below, < u> is used to underline, and < left> is used to left justify (or you can change in Deck Options > Font / Alignment). These are optional.

Example 2

< u>Tables< /u>< left>
< size 25>< left>
< list>
I have☐yo tengo
You have☐tú tienes
He has☐él tiene
< /list>
< /size>
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback