Update Media Bug (Semi-Solved)

Update Media Bug (Semi-Solved)

Postby ジョナサン・ウィアー » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:22 pm

In the course of messing around while writting this post I solved my own problem, however, I discovered it was kinda a bug. I solved it by trying to download the cards on my previous iPhone and it finally threw the error message that I forgot a ".jpg" at the end of one of lines in excel. Once fixed media downloaded properly on both devices.

However, this still doesn't account for the previous time this occurred when my deck first passed 2000 cards.

Previous written post below describing the issue.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My main vocabulary deck recently passed 2000 cards and when it did it refused to download the media no matter how many times I tried downloading it. Eventually I got it to work by deleting the excel file and re-uploading it. Now I just hit 2100 cards and it's doing it again. I tried doing what worked last time to no avail.

So it will still update text and new cards, however, it never tries to download media. I suspected this because the notifications while updating looked like it jumps right passed it but I confirmed it by doing two things:

1. I added an unsupported file name to several media columns and got no errors.

2. I renamed the entire media folder and still got no errors.

This shows the update process doesn't even try to check the media folder for new media.

Additionally, I've tried changing the name of the file it updates from, tried adding new cards, deleted and re-uploaded media, deleted and re-downloaded affected cards, tried updating a different deck and updating together, added media to a different deck (also now not updating media), restarted app, restarted phone.

Tech Info:
Flashcards Deluxe Version 4.31
Galaxy S10+
Android G975U1UES3CTB5/G975U1OYM3CTB5/G975U1UES3CTB5

All apps and OS are up to date with latest software availible.
ジョナサン・ウィアー

Re: Update Media Bug (Semi-Solved)

Postby Ernie » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:59 am

Hi. I really don't know what might be going on.
How are you transferring your cards (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive) ?
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback