How to skip/unskip in browse

How to skip/unskip in browse

Postby johnstonf » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:08 pm

When i go to a card, and mark it as INACTIVE, it still plays in TTS Browse.
When i am browsing, click card icon, and click "Remove from Browse" it does stop, but the card isn't marked as INACTIVE.
So I'm not connecting the dots... these must be two different things in two different places?

a> When looking at the deck, how do i mark a card as "Remove from Browse"
...and conversely...
b> After "Remove from Browse" how to i add it back in?

Thanks!
Fred
johnstonf

Re: How to skip/unskip in browse

Postby Ernie » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:07 am

When you enter browse, the cards shown are the exact same set of cards that were active when you entered browse mode.

You can only "remove from browse" while you are in browse mode (not ahead of time).
Removing it is not a permanent action. When you leave browse mode, this "removal" is forgotten and all cards will be back in browse mode next time you enter.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby johnstonf » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:30 am

It would seem useful to be able to toggle cards in and out and save with the deck, no?
johnstonf

Postby Ernie » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:29 am

You can use "cards to study" in deck options to include/exclude cards. So you have some options:
Use the card's "Flag" toggle. You has have this mean "exclude" if you want, then in cards to study, set flagged = "Hide Flagged"
You can use the card's "Exclude" toggle. Again use "cards to study" to show/hide these. (Note that in spaced repetition you don't have ability to show Excluded cards)
The above two things you can toggle from the bottom-center button of the study screen.

Assigned cards to a category and later show/hide. Problem with this approach is that it's not as easy to add cards to categories as the above options.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby johnstonf » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:49 am

Is there an easier way for 'flagged' cards to hide? Currently, after flagging a card, (and i already have "CardsToStudy> Flagged=HIDE set)...

i have to go into the deck properties, then CardsToStudy> Flagged> set to (*)ALL, the back to "(*)Hide Flagged", then all the way back out, where it finally obeys the flag... a lot of work each time to flag/unflag, and get the result of hiding...

can you make it so i could long press on the flag or something of the like, to get the flagged cards to go into hiding, and back out, when un-flagged?? (Even stopping and restarting browse mode would be easier than all of these steps... what am i missing? Thanks!
johnstonf

Postby Ernie » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:14 pm

I don't plan on making any changes here.

Assume you are not using browse mode. As you study, you can flag a card and you move on. It will stay in the current study set until you get past the last card in the set. This is normal and fine. When getting to the end and starting a new set of cards, the flagged cards will then be removed (assuming you've set this up in Cards to Study).

You seem to like working in browse mode. While in browse mode, you can flag and then remove from browse. Two step, but seems easy enough.

If you want to flag in non-browse mode, then have those immediately removed when enter browse mode, then the app doesn't do that.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback