Question about Pictures

Question about Pictures

Postby UK2LV » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:48 am

I have a question about adding images to my flashcards. Would having thousands of flashcards with images slow the app down (cause lag, or really slow loading times when syncing between different devices)?

I've been using Flashcards Deluxe for 7 years now for learning Spanish, but I've never used photos in the Flashcards. I would like to start adding photos, but I have a feeling that eventually it would make the app/device sluggish. I have a lot of Flashcards. At one point, I had almost 40,000 including vocabulary, verbs and their different inflections, sentence mining, etc. I use an iPad Pro (a few years old), and iPhone, and an iPod touch. Thanks in advance for any info!
UK2LV

Re: Question about Pictures

Postby Ernie » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:59 pm

Images shouldn't slow down the app. They will obviously take up storage space. It will take extra time to transfer images the first time. But after the first transfer, any transfer/sync process you run should already realize you have certain images in cloud/device and skip over them. I would go for it. If you run into any issues, let me know.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback