Card Link problems

Card Link problems

Postby khanguyenwk » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:21 am

Hello Ernie,
First I want to thank you for creating an awesome apps and your amazing support to our community. I use FCD everyday to learn Chinese and English, this is one of the best app so far.
While using the app, I recognized there is a small problem of the Card Links function (I love this function, it helps me to link a vocabulary word to another sentences from my other decks). The problem is: when I switch between my devices using new sync function (iPad and my android phone), the Card Links setting is reset, it resets the deck in that Link.
For example,
Link 1: Text 1 - Deck B - Text 3
Link 2: Text 1 - Deck C - Text 1
Link 3: Text 1 - Current deck - Text 1

If I switch to another devices, all the decks turn into “Current deck”
Can you help me to check this problem Ernie
Thank you so much! Wish you a nice day~
khanguyenwk

Re: Card Link problems

Postby Ernie » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:24 am

Hi,

Thank you!

Let me look into this. I hope I can duplicate the problem. I'm scheduled to release a new iOS version next week, and if I can duplicate the problem, I'll have it fixed for next week's update. I'll report back here when I have something. Thanks for letting me know!

The new Android version is slowly being released currently, but I'll also update that next week after I (hopefully) get a fix for this.

By the way, I have some coding in the app to color Chinese characters based on tone and auto-convert pinyin with numbers to pinyin with tone marks. Example:
Text 1: 中文
Text 2: Zhong1wen2

The app can convert Text 2 to "Zhōng​wén" for display, but you can then search using "zhong1" (for example). Then using "Zhong1wen2", the app can color the hanzi by tone. It's not really ready to advertise, but if this is something you really have interest in, let me know and I can likely show you how to try it out.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby khanguyenwk » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:02 pm

Wow that's would be awesome
I would love to try the color function for Chinese pinyin. The app is so great it helps me improve my Chinese a lot and I can't believe I can study by myself in a very fast process.
The Amazon Polly, the Card layout, the Space repetition, Card Links, Card to Study, sync, Auto translate .. functions are totally useful when using together for learning language. I think I'm gonna write a long post and guide people how to use all of the functions of the app.
And for the syncing problem, after the update I think I don't have any issue. It's all great right now. But I have another question, I think it's better to create a new post for it.
Thank you so much for your kind support Ernie ~
khanguyenwk

Postby Ernie » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:22 pm

I've created a new post with info on the app's Chinese coloring feature, in it's current state.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6202
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback