Questions about "An update is available" and passwords

Questions about "An update is available" and passwords

Postby rlpfromak » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:22 am

Two questions:

1. I've just started getting a pop-up window saying "Sync, An update is available" even though my databases are already synced and I believe my app is updated to the latest version. (I'm using version 4.27 on the iPad and iPhone). What does this mean?

2. Is it possible to change the password we use to sign onto this Forum? I looked but couldn't find the option.

Thanks.
rlpfromak

Re: Questions about "An update is available" and passwords

Postby Ernie » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:39 am

Go to Global Options > Sync, then tap "Sync Now". There is usually two sections. The top is "download full database". If it's up-to-date, the top one will be the current device and be gray. The lower section is for individual decks. Do you see anything that looks like there's a conflict or a newer version of a text file available to download (from another device).

Note that you'll general choose the database OR the text files to download.

Does this help? I know this Dropbox sync is a little goofy.

Note that the next update will feature a new and improved fully automatic sync. If you want to start using it now, go to Global Options > View > Advanced > Enable Beta Sync. Then in Sync, change location to "App Server".

As for forum password, look for "User Control Panel" at top-level (when logged in), then go to Profile, Edit Account Settings
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback