Bug - old cards will be presented as new

Bug - old cards will be presented as new

Postby Jup » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:01 am

From time to time I have the effect that NEW offers me already known (very old) cards. Maybe there is a connection to the update of the stack?
I sync via Dropbox and extend the Excel list more and more.
But the "wrong" words are unchanged.
Jup

Re: Bug - old cards will be presented as new

Postby Ernie » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:04 am

Hi,

When the app downloads an updated set of cards (which happens during a download/update or Sync process from Dropbox), all cards are replace with the new cards, and in a way all statistics are lost by default. But then the app will try to match up old and new cards so that it can copy statistics from old to new cards. This is done by looking for unique matches on side 1 and/or side 2 between old and new set. If you change both side 1 and side 2, you'll likely lose your statistics (unless it can find a match on picture/sound data). In your case, you might have multiple cards that match... for example if you have two cards with the same side 1 and side 2, the app can't find a *unique* match and it won't copy statistics forwards. What I'd do is look at the card that's losing statistics and see if you have another card with the same side 1 and/or side 2.
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: Bug - old cards will be presented as new

Postby Jup » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:15 am

Thank you for the explaining a possible reason. I will check this!!
Jup

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback