Multiple Sounds

Multiple Sounds

Postby kientructayho » Wed May 15, 2019 12:47 am

Hello,

Thank you for this great app! I got it last week and after a bit of work, I got my entire vocab list for my Chinese class on it. I've been studying on the bus, train etc. Its great, really.

I was wondering if its possible to have multiple sounds for a card? Since mandarin has a limited number of spoken sounds, it would be easy to upload a collection of sounds, then combine them for each word if there are more than one sylabble. Then once the card is shown, each sound would be played in succession.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
kientructayho

Re: Multiple Sounds

Postby Ernie » Wed May 15, 2019 11:27 am

Hi. No, the app doesn't support multiple sounds per side. Sorry. I don't have any plans for this at this time.

Have you tried the Chinese TTS sounds yet? You can use Siri or Android TTS sounds to avoid having to download/create the .mp3 files of iSpeech TTS.
If you want to really slow down the sound, you can consider creating text or an extra side with a period after each Chinese character, which will create a pause between each character.
I know sometimes the tone spoken by TTS is either not as clear as you'd like or maybe not the tone you are wanting out of it for some words. If this is an issue for you, you can possibly add bopomofo text to help with pronunciation... if this is of interest to you, you can let me know.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback