Move audio between fields

Move audio between fields

Postby KurtVD » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:57 am

Hi,
I've made a mistake in one of my decks and mixed up sides 1 and 2. Fortunately it's not a big deck (about 40 cards), so I could easily interchange the text between sides 1 and 2 via copy/paste, but there's also a recorded audio file in each card, that should be moved to from side 1 to side 2 as well. Is there a way to do that? If not, is it possible to configure a combination deck so that it 'knows' that there's one deck where sides 1 and 2 are ordered differently from the other decks?

Cheers

Kurt
KurtVD

Re: Move audio between fields

Postby Ernie » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 pm

Hi Kurt,

I don't have a way to move audio from within the app.

How about the following?

Export to "App Server" (including media). To export, tap Edit, tap deck, Export/Share, App Server. You'll give it a deck code. This will put the media files on my server.
Export again to Email, which will give you the text. You can export in text or Excel format.
Update the text. Copy-paste your text into my website: http://orangeorapple.com/Flashcards/Upload.aspx
You'll use the same deck code here.
Then in the app, download as a new deck by tapping +, Private Deck, enter deck code.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby KurtVD » Mon May 06, 2019 3:48 am

Thank you
Just to be clear: that would be an easy way to swap the text between fields 1 and 2, but the audio would be in the ‘wrong’ field then, right?

Cheers
Kurt
KurtVD

Postby Ernie » Mon May 06, 2019 6:42 am

You'll export your deck, say to email. You'll have column headers at the top, such as
Text 1, Text 2, Sound 1, Sound 2

All I think you need to do is change the headers so that "Text 1" -> "Text 2" (and visa versa) and "Sound 1" -> "Sound 2" (and visa versa)

Both text and sound should then get moved.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback