Home bar

Home bar

Postby kraemder » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:36 am

Hi Earnie. I finally got the new iPhone.. and it has this home bar at the bottom. Currently I can’t just turn it off in settings I have to request app developers turn it off instead for some reason according to what I read. Anyway, I’d appreciate it if you turned it off.
kraemder

Re: Home bar

Postby Ernie » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:28 am

There is a setting to auto hide the home bar, but the problem is that it only stays hidden while you don't touch the screen. So after a few seconds of not touching the screen, it will fade away. I tried it out last year and I found it more distracting because the bar would fade out after a couple seconds, then a second or two later I'll tap the screen to flip or slide to new card, and bar would re-appear. And repeat. It wasn't good, in my opinion.

I agree though, that I also hate that bar. I just don't know what to do about it yet.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby kraemder » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:55 am

Yikes. Thanks for the information. It seems the current system only works for video type apps. Oh well. I would think that hatred of this bar would be pretty universal although a lot of peope aren’t finicky and just take what’s given to them.. so I’m concerned at how long it might take to make this bar disappear. Oh well. Thanks for the explanation.
kraemder

Postby Morphew » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:56 am

kraemder wrote:Yikes. Thanks for thoroughly testing lightweight wheelchairs and for the information. It seems the current system only works for video type apps. Oh well. I would think that hatred of this bar would be pretty universal although a lot of peope aren’t finicky and just take what’s given to them.. so I’m concerned at how long it might take to make this bar disappear. Oh well. Thanks for the explanation.

I'm right there with you, Kraemder. We'll just have to deal with it, I guess. haha
Last edited by Morphew on Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Morphew

Postby kraemder » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:42 pm

Well, searching google I stumbled on this option to enable “guided access”. It’s definitely a work around but it’s not as terrible as I thought. If you don’t know the feature check google or YouTube or something. I think it’s worth the extra effort if you’re not going to be switching apps but will be using the same app for a bit.
kraemder

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback