Font size issue

Font size issue

Postby Yuanci » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:53 pm

It's not a huge problem, but sometimes big words run off the card (see attached pick). I currently have my lowest font setting to 12 (the lowest setting)... but somehow it still runs off the edge and doesn't resize? I don't know if this is an issue with the new themes (which are very pretty, btw), since it won't look so out of place if it were just a plain black background like it used to be.
Attachments
Photo Mar 01, 22 44 27.jpg
Photo Mar 01, 22 44 27.jpg (40.58 KiB) Viewed 4827 times
Yuanci

Re: Font size issue

Postby Ernie » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:36 pm

Hi Yuanci,

Alright, using an edited paper theme. I haven't heard much from people about the themes, so not sure if they are enjoying them or not.

The min font size of "12" is not being used here. I only use this when there is a lot of text that goes off the bottom of the screen. I don't check for long words unless you use a font size of "large" or greater. I don't want to go through unnessary processing that might slow things down for everyone, so that a few words for a few people would get fixed.

One solution would be to use a font size of "small" in the Deck Options screen.
Other option would be to add <wbr> tags for long words where a break might happen: Trifluoro<wbr>thymidine
The downside this of course is requires manual work.

I'm not sure how I want to solve this yet, since I'm concerned about the app getting sluggesh with too much processing, but let me think about it.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Yuanci » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:17 pm

I definitely like the themes.

I did the font size small thing and it works great. Is there a way to globally change the font size? I don't see it in the global options...
Yuanci

Postby Ernie » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:54 pm

When you set "Side 1", there is a button at the bottom "By Deck". Here you can change "All Decks" at once. Repeat for side 2.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback