Support of folders in gdocs

Support of folders in gdocs

Postby AE » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Hi Erni,

do you think about supporting a folder structure in gdocs with next versions?
Would highly appreciate this!! Otherwise dozens of decks with different topics are difficult to handle

Regards

Armin
AE

Re: Support of folders in gdocs

Postby arthaey » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:10 pm

Me too.

If it helps, here is an example of how my flashcard spreadsheets are currently organized in Google Docs:

• Flashcards
    • German
      • Random Words (spreadsheet)
      • Textbook Words (spreadsheet)
    • Spanish
      • Palabras Comunes (spreadsheet)
      • Vocabulario (spreadsheet)

In the app, I have a "German" and a "Spanish" folder for these sets, then I also have a combo deck that contains all the sets in that folder.
arthaey

Postby Ernie » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:14 pm

Ok you two. Thanks for the input. Let me see. It would be nice, but not sure when I want to do this... it probably will not make next release as I have other items I'd rather get done. Maybe what I'll do is allow docs to be listed in alphabetical order (in addition to edit time), which would allow better organization if you name them appropriately... GDoc name could be "Ger-1-Random", but deck name in app could be "Random Words". Let me see where I get with all this in the next few weeks.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby AE » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:33 am

Maybe this feature would help to make your app more interresting for flashcard suppliers other than quizlet.
I personaly are working on a learning portal project with support of flashcards. For flashcards access I'd like to recommend your app. However, precondition is a reasonable structure ( similar to our quizlet implementation)
A flat structure with hundreds of decks is not possible

Armin
AE

Postby Ernie » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:40 pm

Well, for GDocs, these are for your personal decks and most people don't have too many. I suppose if you had some shared account that many people would be going into and searching for decks on a GDoc account, that would be different, but I'm not interested in tackling this right now. Maybe in a few months.

AE, maybe this is what you are interested in.... using a GDoc account for people to enter and find decks. Maybe a reasonable idea. Point taken.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby arthaey » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:54 pm

FWIW, I have 20 personal decks.
arthaey

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback