Changing text in app

Changing text in app

Postby Bianca » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:43 pm

Hi Ernie!

I have been using this app for a few months. This is much easier to use than other flash cards, thank you very much.

I have one question.
I use an excel file in dropbox to make my deck.
I can change and edit texts in the excel file on my computer and I can see the change on the app if update the deck, but how can I update the excel file in dropbox if I change the texts directly on the app?

I like making cards in dropbox first, but changing texts in cards in the app is easier than in dropbox
I have changes some texts in cards directly on the app on my phone ; however, once I update the deck, what I changed directly is disappeared.

Please tell me how to do.

Best,
Bianca
Bianca

Re: Changing text in app

Postby Ernie » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:18 pm

Hi Bianca,

There's no mechanism to merge change from both app and Excel. You'll need to have only a single master/latest version at a time. So if you make changes in the app, you'll need to export back to Dropbox before making any changes to the Excel file. Hopefully that answers your question. I know it makes things a little more tricky to manage, but exporting/updating should be pretty easy if you to do the steps in the right order. Sorry I don't have a better way at this time.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback