sql file --> xls

sql file --> xls

Postby anon » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:44 pm

Hello,

1. I see that it is possible from the main deck screen to do a backup/restore to dropbox (+/- associated media files)
2. However the text content of the cards is backed up as *.sql file while the media is stored in folders based on the deck name.
3. What i would like to do is backup (or better yet export) as a simple text flat files *.txt / *.xls / *.csv. Though *.xls with both the question, answer and embedded media would be ideal.
4. How can I perform an export of all my decks into a text / flat file format?

thanks.
anon

Re: sql file --> xls

Postby Ernie » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:18 am

You can export as either a tab-delimited text for or xlsx Excelf file. To export, tap "Edit" at main Decks screen, tap deck, Export/Share. I recommend exporting to either Dropbox or Google Drive. Make sure you turn on option export media files. You can set export format here. Tap "Select decks to export". Here you can choose multiple decks to export at once.

After exporting, media files will go into a folder, one for each deck. This is exactly the same thing that happens when you run a "full backup" to a .sql file. There is no option to embed media files into an Excel file. The exported text will include a column for the picture file name, but not the picture itself.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback