online platform for creating cards!!!

online platform for creating cards!!!

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:09 pm

Hi there!

preface: Please tell me if this idea requires too many resources / you've tried it before / I'm being too picky about my flashcard preferences / it's accidentally an advertisement for a competing flashcard app. ;)

Earlier today, I was starting to use the "Cram" app to make "3-sided" flashcards for my Chinese language learning. I was annoyed at how the third card was only accessible from the first card (instead of rotating through three sides of one card, Cram treats the third card as a "hint" function viewable before flipping). So, I wanted to use FCD to create my decks because you have 3-sided cards enabled. Yay!

:!: However, what I really liked about the Cram app was that you can create cards on their website that can then be synced to your mobile device. Conversely, you can create cards on your phone that are then automatically synced to their web-based platform (of course, you need to create an account to view, but that's not a big deal to me). I'd so much rather create my deck on a web-based platform that can sync to my phone instead of having to go through all the steps of importing decks through the orange and apples website that you've kindly and clearly outlined. I might end up doing this anyway (creating my own excel spreadsheet, etc), but.......

:!: :!: My question is: Would you ever consider creating a deck-maker on your website? Preferably one that could sync to your mobile device?

Either way, hope to hear from you soon!!! FWIW I used FCD all throughout my high school days of Spanish-language learning :) Thanks for making such a great app!

Re: online platform for creating cards!!!

Postby Ernie » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:16 pm

Hi,

Creating a card editor (and having it auto-sync between app and desktop) is something I eventually want to do. BUT, it will take a lot of time, and I don' t have time to start it yet. I'm guessing I will start such a feature around end this year (2019(. A couple years ago I did play around with a web editor, but it's very tricky and difficult for me. What I will more likely do is create a separate Windows/Mac native app, which will give me more flexibility and be much easier to program (though I'd have to program much of twice).
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback