2018 iPad Pro 2nd generation pencil

2018 iPad Pro 2nd generation pencil

Postby Milburn » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:20 pm

Can this be used to create flashcards on Flashcards deluxe
Milburn

Re: 2018 iPad Pro 2nd generation pencil

Postby Ernie » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:17 am

Hi. I just responded to an email. Not sure if it was from you.

I don’t have any special coding for the Apple pencil. But for iOS, I do have a “Draw” feature in the card edit screen so you can draw a picture and save it with the card. The features are fairly basic. As for the pencil, it should work just fine, but a few people have mentioned that the app also registers unwanted palm and finger taps when using a pencil. (This is something I will likely look into at some future date.) I’d suggest trying it out on the free version of the app, Flashcards Deluxe Lite.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Milburn » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:50 pm

Many thanks for the advice Ernie. If it draws on would imagine I can write on my Flashcards.
Anyway have a great holiday
Kindest regards
Milburn

Postby Hubes » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:43 am

Hello,

how I can export the Cards with drawings? It don‘t work with the normal sync function from iPad to iPhone nor export to a excel file.

Cheers.
Hubes

Postby Ernie » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:14 am

Hi Hubes,

You've hijacked an unrelated thread.

To export, tap Edit (at main Decks screen), tap deck to export, Export/Share. You have a few options. I recommend either Dropbox or Google Drive. Tap one of these. You'll then have an option to "export media files". Make sure you turn this on. You can set to export as Excel or text file here. After exporting, you should find your text plus media files in the exported location. You can add back by tapping + (add deck).

You mention that it doesn't work. I'm not sure what is not working for you. "Drawing" are not treated any different than any other picture file, and should get exported/imported as usual.

If this doesn't solve your problem, let me know.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby FranziskanerAlkoholf » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:30 am

Works on my iPad Pro (2018) 12.9" with Apple Pencil 2. Also worked on my iPad Pro (ca 2014?) 9.7" with the original Apple Pencil. And it works with your finger.
You're covered....
FranziskanerAlkoholf

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback