Issues with spelling tests since update

Issues with spelling tests since update

Postby Texhnology » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:40 am

Hey!

Alphabet/characters: cyrillic
Practice: leitner/spelling
Character which issue: й, ё

So the last update seems to have broken something in regards to spelling practice when using Cyrillic.

Before the update everything worked fine, but now some char are not correctly recogniced in the answer.

For example the correct answer contains Й, but when the app compares my input with the correct answer it will use the caracter И instead.

Ie, I write Й, answer is Й on the card but the app compares my input with an И instead causing the app to fail me. Same issue with Е and Ё.

This issue makes it impossible to do spelling practice in russian especially considering that all the masculine russian adjectives end with some form of Й (this is the masculine dictionary form).

So far this is the only chars I’ve noticed with this issue.

Best regards!!
Linus

Flashcards delux user
Texhnology

Re: Issues with spelling tests since update

Postby Ernie » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:27 pm

Hi Linus,

I'm sorry for the trouble. Yes, I made a change, which it seems wasn't appropriate.

Let me get back to you here within a couple days. I'll likely try to get another update out before Christmas.

In the meantime, maybe you can enter the characters without the marks so that spell check works.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Texhnology » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:47 pm

Hello Ernie!

Thanks for the swift reply!

A fix would be awesome, ecpecially since this app is the best one to date for both japanese and cyrillic!! :)
And no hurry, it’s Chrismas and all, we need to enjoy the hollidays during this time of year anyway^^

I’ll be keeping an eye out for the next app update!

Have a nice Chrismas and New Years now!

Regards
Linus
Texhnology

Postby Ernie » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:39 am

I will release a new iOS update around the new year.
Apple will close the ability to submit updates soon (around Christmas), so I'll submit after their Christmas holiday is up.

Thanks for the support!
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback