No names found on server match existing deck name/code

No names found on server match existing deck name/code

Postby cokvhecv » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:46 am

I have a deck that I've been working on, originally loaded from Google Drive
I've exported this file (Mvskoke_vocab-collection.xlsx) back into Google Drive (with all the status & 18 cards)
Next I've created a new file with same filename (Mvskoke_vocab-collection.xlsx) using a fresh template (with all the unused columns from template).
then I've taken the 18 records (minus statistics) & added another 31 new records / cards into the file, so it now has 49 cards
I've also added back the 1st row in the file above the headings... like in the downloaded file ; * name Mvskoke_vocab-collection
& saved a copy in Google Drive , after deleting the downloaded copy in Google Drive

Re: No names found on server match existing deck name/code

Postby Ernie » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:01 am

Hi. The deck code will be a prefix ( "G:" for google drive) followed by the file name. To see the deck code, tap Edit, tap deck. The 2nd item is deck code.

Make sure the code matches the file name in Google Drive (and starts with G: when using Google).

If the file name matches, and it's in the Flashcards Deluxe folder, the error shouldn't occur. If you don't get it working, you can export your existing deck from the app back to Google Drive. You'll probably want to rename any existing file in Drive so it doesn't get overwritten, but if it does, it should be in trash so you can recover if need be.

So when you run Download/Update, the deck name is not important... it's the deck code that devices where the flashcards are re-downloaded from.
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: No names found on server match existing deck name/code

Postby cokvhecv » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:04 am

OK the problem was that the deck name was registered as : G:Mvskoke_vocab-collection; I changed it to : G:Mvskoke_vocab-collection.xlsx & update/upload worked fine
I can't recall exactly but I think maybe I did the file as csv when I first uploaded it?
cokvhecv

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback