[BUG] Automatically 確定 when typing in Japanese

[BUG] Automatically 確定 when typing in Japanese

Postby ジョナサン・ウィアー » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:09 pm

I've been using this app to study Writig Japanese Kanji for a while but now I'm starting to learn vocabulary. So I've started using the spelling mode.

However, whenever I start typing with the Japanese keyboard it will automatically "enter". As if I had hit the 確定 button. Also, if I do microphone input, when I try to select the word to change the Kanji it also "enter"s before I can change it. This does not occur when typing in English.

I have app version 4.15 and iOS 10.3.3.
ジョナサン・ウィアー

Re: [BUG] Automatically 確定 when typing in Japanese

Postby Ernie » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:08 am

Hi. Sorry for the slow response.

This seems to happen to me also, but only once when entering the study screen. If you keep studying, it doesn't happen again until you leave the screen. Same for you?
So I assume your workaround is to tap back button and start over in this case.

I don't know why the problem yet. Give me some time and I'll look into it and post back here.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby ジョナサン・ウィアー » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:53 am

Once it enters, backspacing then resuming works as expected. This repeats on every card. Generally, I type a "、" wait for it to enter backspace then resume in order to prevent the IME from trying to auto fill incomplete words.

However, voice input will continue to auto enter though regardless of previous entering.
ジョナサン・ウィアー

Postby Ernie » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:23 am

Hmm, it doesn't repeat on every card for me. Anyway, today I worked on this and think I have an OK solution. It should work much better. But I just submitted an update to Apple a few days ago, so this will have to wait until my next update. I'm not sure when that will be, but probably in 3-4 weeks. Sorry for the trouble. Thanks for letting me know.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby ジョナサン・ウィアー » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:01 am

The lastest update has fixed the bugs. ありがとうございました!
ジョナサン・ウィアー

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback